I thought I had everything I needed but the one thing I completely forgot to pack was balance and I missed that I needed to put my own oxygen mask on first.
My first photography business started 14 years ago and ended in burn out. My second attempt, exploded faster than I could think. In the process, my dreams came true.
I went from small town kid to full time international wedding photographer in about a year. I was traveling to places I never thought possible and though I’ve always had an adventurous and romantic soul, I’d yet to understand how we each have the power to change our lives to anything we want them to be.
I was flying over 100,000 miles a year shooting weddings. My social media following was exploding and so was my bank account. I moved to a big city. I bought a house. I thought I was unstoppable, and then my world fell apart.
I always thought I was a happy person but woke up to realize I was just feeling really good and I had no road map to navigate the downward spiral of depression that followed.
I had become someone entirely different than who the world knew me to be. My closest friends were simply usernames leaving likes on humble brag posts I made. I unintentionally fell into trying to manage how others thought of me instead of leading with who I had become. I was terrified and I woke up daily with immediate anxiety due to my work. Nothing was ever enough, including me.
As a man, my awareness of the emotional depth humans can have was extremely limited. I was so naive. I had lost all motivation for being a photographer and my ego almost kept me from asking for help. Then at my lowest point, I broke. It was one of the best things that has ever happened to me because it forced me to change. A few weeks later, I found a mentor who helped me out of my hole. I had been teaching business for years but missed that building a great business has little to do with what you do and far more to do with who you become in the process.
My time in the darkness has been my greatest teacher however mentors have been my greatest guides to discovering the light. My gut has always told me I was meant for something much bigger than myself and I’ve found my passion and purpose in helping creatives understand how to build a thriving business and a happy life that is greater than themselves.
Think of me as a brand therapist
and marketing problem solver
I help ambitious photographers build authentic, purposeful, and profitable brands
with deep and personalized education that helps you build a thriving business around who you are, rather than what you do, and in turn, work less, make more, and live a happier life. I’m going to help you...
- Find clarity in you and your message so you can create deeper trust
and greater value in your brand.
- Help you overcome the doubts of not being good enough and
transform it into confidence that propels your business forward.
- Build a branding and marketing strategy that magnetizes clients you
love and who love you. Pro Tip: Clients that love you want to pay you.
- Learn the psychology of how to Work Less and Make More so you can
increase your profitability and have a life outside your business.
- Defeat the perfectionist mindset and find a deeper happiness in what
WHAT I BELIEVE…
- I believe building a brand is a JOURNEY of self discovery WITH NO DESTINATION
- I believe when you choose to work deeper rather than harder, you unlock the POWER OF HOW TO work less and makE more
- I believe when you lead with authenticity, you build value around who you are rather than what you do and in turn explode your profitability
- I believe that a mindSET of scarcity AND business driven by fear is the greatest poison for a happy life and a thriving BRAND
- I believe that FAKING IT TIL YOU MAKE IT IS A DEAD END TRAIL THAT LEADS YOU AROUND THE MOUNTAIN INSTEAD OF UP TO THE SUMMIT
- I believe if you don’t understand self, you don’t understand branding and if you don’t understand others, you don’t understand business.
SPEAKING & TEACHING
2020 Evolve Workshop San Fransisco / Speaker & Shoot Leader
2019 Photo Rehab Puerto Rico / Speaker & Shoot Leader
2019 Rooted To Thrive Workshop Italy / Speaker & Shoot Leader
2018 Grain Wedding Photography Festival Croatia / Speaker
2017 Range Finder Magazine / Interview
2017 Mystic Seminars / Speaker
2017 Southeast Photo Convention / Speaker
2017 Finding Creative Success Podcast / Interview
2017 Forest + Falls Workshop / Speaker
2017 Six Figure Photography Podcast / Interview
2016 Design Aglow / Guest Writer
2016 Southeast Photo Convention / Speaker
2016 PhotoBizX Podcast / Interview
2015 Shotkit Book / Interview